Victim Services of S.D.G. & A. is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing assistance to individuals who have been victimized as a result of a crime or tragic circumstance. Our agency works in partnership with police as well as emergency and other community based services to ensure victims receive the help they need to assist them in the development of their personal path to recovery.
Victim Services of S.D.G. & A. is committed to providing caring, skilled and effective service delivery with courtesy, compassion and respect. Our objectives include:
- Lessening the trauma of being victimized by providing an immediate supportive response
- Helping the victim cope with the impact of the crime and/or tragic circumstance
- Empowering the victim by providing them with information and options
- Encouraging the victim to connect with the appropriate community services
- To recruit, train, coordinate and support a team of volunteer crisis responders
We are members of the Ontario Network of Victim Service Providers.